Access permissions on table

From: Hari Nair (hari_nair_at_reproindialtd.com)
Date: 01/24/04

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:06:04 -0800

Hi!

I am working SQL 2K and having the following problems.....

I have created two users, namely Mr.X and Mr.Y. They have the same default database and same permissions set for that database. The role given is "dbo_owner" and are also the members of ""public" group. They dont have any server level rights.

Mr.X creates tables using SQL client, logs in with his credentials. The table is created as tblStores. Mr.Y, who is also an DBO, tries to acces the table specs using sp_help procedure, but he cant as he is getting an error ....

Server: Msg 15009, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_help, Line 71
The object 'tblStores' does not exist in the database NGPP

Both are DBO's of the database and can issue any statement, that what i read from SQL ONLINE.

Kindly help me out of this mess....

Thanks,
Hari Nair
hari_nair@reproindialtd.com