UNABLE TO CONNECT TO SHARE

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 11/26/03

Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 05:34:37 -0800

Hi Eric,

This is not SQL Server related, so you may be better off
asking in another group. However with NT security you need
to make sure that both folder level/file level permissions
are granted AND share permissions.

NT/2000 will deny access unless BOTH are granted. I'm not
sure why the share is not showing up in Explorer - have
you refreshed your explorer window?

Mark Allison
SQL Server MVP

Relevant Pages

  • ADP, Application Role, and objects
    ... The above link is to an atricle on how to implement SQL Server Application ... After you connect with your ADP, fire a bit of code to set the ... third party tools to view the data on the same database. ... Scenario 1 - If I explicitly grant permissions on that object to the user ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • That is permission problem
    ... SQL Server 2005 can't attach database on Windows Vista ... It seems it must be a permissions problem. ... What is the service account for SQL Server? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)
  • Re: field level security question
    ... Vyas, MVP ... listBox control that gets data from a query of the sql server table. ... > recent change in requirement) I see the option to limit permissions right ... > utility opens except their is just no data. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: SQL 2008 - remote connection to the SSIS 2008 - Access denied
    ... SQL Server configures the appropriate rights during the installation process, ... then add users/groups and assign the appropriate permissions. ... user who created the package apply to the writer role. ... I checked DCOM MsDts component and my user rights for the Remote ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: Deny access to all users (including Administrator and DomainAd
    ... permissions on stored procedure override ... applictaion's user account permissions to the stored procedure which will ... Will try to deny access through the query for SQL Server 2005 and 2000. ... Remove everyone that you don't want rom an Administrator Groups ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)