SQLMAINT as non DBO user

From: Don Tipton (dtipton_at_tax.state.oh.us)
Date: 11/13/03

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 07:41:10 -0800

I'd like to connect to a database and run sqlmaint.exe to
make backups, generate stats, etc as a Windows domain
account without dbo privileges. Is this possible?

If so, what privilege set is required?

Without db_owner authority I get the following message.

Login '' is not the DBO of database 'pubs' so cannot run
SQLMAINT.EXE

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Please! Doesnt anyone know a better way to do this?
    ... account, they need to automatically be directed to the page to enter data ... session variable on the Account page. ... I assume here that you're checking a database when the user attempts to ... When a new user attempts to login or clicks to register, ...
  • Re: Best way to parse file into db-type layout?
    ... That's an awful lot of columns to put into a database table, ... The rows are identified by Letter type and an account number (always the ... Off to search for dictionaries and databases now. ... > What you need is a clear appreciation of what you are trying to do ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Help with WSS 3.0 Server Farm Config - Backend SQL 2005
    ... I had to use only "sharepoint" to get the ... What interest me though is that the database get created but fails after ... Virtual Server with DBSVR ... an account local to the WEBSVR) to create and access the SQL server, ...
  • RE: Take This Value and Shove It
    ... because of the way I must acquire the loan account numbers and borrower ... To get that data into the Access database, and keep it updated, I have ... Your subform record source should be tblNotes or a query based on it. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Relationships, forms and command buttons
    ... asking how to do a particular thing in terms of the database objects itself. ... If they change their bank account, ... tblIndividuals and tblCAFGAYEDons) with linking tables with an autonumber PK ...