Re: Secure SQL Server 2000 Communication

From: Richard Waymire [MSFT] (
Date: 11/11/03

Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:19:49 +0100

If you mean using standard security then you should install a certificate on
the server that's valid for SSL so we'll do a good job encrpyting the
connection attempt, and I would recommend you consider encrypting all data
traffic if you think there's any risk of someone reading your network

Richard Waymire, MCSE, MCDBA
"Martin R-L" <> wrote in message
> What's the security considerations when using a SQL Server 2000 with
> password authentication and "fat clients" (written for CLR) that uses it
> directly?
> Thanx!
> // Martin R-L

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SMS 2003 Update SP2 - Cannot get SQL connection to the SQL server.
    ... Maybe a Sitereset can solve the Problem. ... connection to the SQL server. ... With standard security before two days the ... I have entered the Computeraccount from the to the local ...
  • Problems with fresh install
    ... server with standard security. ... site boundaries and set up my discovery methods. ...
  • Re: Slammer variant?
    ... > Are you using Standard Security or Integrated Security? ... No unfortunately there is no firewall on this server. ... Yes this worm I have does not use UDP and it does not attack 1434 ...
  • Re: MP installation help
    ... Make sure the smsservice account (standard security) or the site server ... Kim Oppalfens ... >> with SMS 2003 installed? ...
  • Most users cant connect to our SSL-- help!
    ... I've included all relevant SSL settings from our ... Subject: Large percentage of customers cannot connect to https: ... server, which then grinds indefinitely. ... "2) Your secure order form is not working. ...