Error 21776 - dbo account

From: Edward Hunter (erhunter_at_comscore.com)
Date: 11/10/03

Date: 10 Nov 2003 10:22:30 -0800

I moved some database around and am now getting an error claiming
there is no dbo name in the users collection. Several databases had
no db-owner specified so i pointed them to sa account using
sp_changeddbowner.

Same thing, problem remains.

Any ideas on how to fix?

--Edward Hunter

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Change dbo
    ... I have a database where a user is defined as the dbo on a database. ... I tried using SQL Server Manger ... The login for this person maps to dbo. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Groups for dbo
    ... Thanks for the instructions on changing the database owner...I suspect ... While dbo is SUPPOSED to be a special user that's not used for routine ... It's probably safer to change the database owner in any event, ... >> I'm still fairly new to SQL Server, and I'm trying to figure something ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Change UDF Owner
    ... system_function_schema -especially in the master database. ... Most good judgment comes from experience. ... dbo is in the context of a database, and can be the schema owner for the ... Users can be put in the dbo role, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Change dbo
    ... I have a database where a user is defined as the dbo on a database. ... I tried using SQL Server Manger ... The login for this person maps to dbo. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Developer design Best Practices
    ... > test - they develop them and then I move them, and the owner is dbo. ... > There is NO DBO User in our dev database!! ... just means it is owned by the database owner, ... to have a busy dba monitoring development servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)