RE: SQL Server Registration Failed.

From: Vikrant V Dalwale [MSFT] (vikrantd_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/10/03

Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:44:34 GMT

Hello Gary,

Please let me know if the suggestions provided in the previous post
resolved the issue or do you need any further help in this issue ?

Thanks for posting to MSDN Managed newsgroup.

Vikrant Dalwale

Microsoft SQL Server Support Professional

Get secure !! For info, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/security.
Please reply to Newsgroups only.

--------------------
| From: "Gary Jones" <nci@nci-ltd.co.uk>
| Sender: "Gary Jones" <nci@nci-ltd.co.uk>
| Subject: SQL Server Registration Failed.
| Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 07:19:39 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.security
|
| I am having problems registering a SQL 7 database in
| Enterprise manager.
|
| The node that is causing problems is running W2KSP3 and
| SQL7SP3. Each node (bar this one) on our network (VPN) is
| registered with our central admin node for any maintenance
| we need to perform.
|
| I have tried the registration of the troublesome node
| using both NT authentication and the SA account. For both
| instances i get the same login failure for either user:
|
| 'Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection'.
|
| Any help or pointer would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Thanks
| Gary.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Why is the traffic on this forum so low?
    ... what's happened to all the traffic on this forum? ... Stack Overflow, SQL Server Central? ... Microsoft has discontinued support for their usenet ... some sort of portal on the newsgroups - they looked like web forums, ...
  • Re: Where is everybody?
    ... Microsoft closed down their newsserver, ... microsoft.* newsgroups. ... If you are an NNTP addict, there is an NNTP bridge available: ... Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
  • RE: unexpected failure during the setup - help!
    ... Please feel free to respond to the newsgroups if you need any ... Microsoft Global Technical Support Center ... we cannot get past the discovery portion of the SQL Server ... | However, if the Client tools still fail to install, please send the ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • RE: SQL 2005 Beta 2 + VS.Net 2005 Beta 2
    ... Welcome to the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Beta 2 Newsgroups ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Critical Alert Update - W32.Slammer
    ... It's not clear if SQL Server 2000 SP1/SP2 includes the ... Microsoft SQL Desktop ... and all applications that install ... >most recent cumulative SQL Server security patch, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)