Re: MS03-031 Urgent

From: Pexi (pekkadotheimonen_at_plenwaredotnospamdotcom)
Date: 10/28/03

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:44:47 +0100

Have you tried to disable parallelism? I've experienced
some bad behaviour of the optimizer & parallelism which happened
only in a multi-CPU server. Could be worth to try? If it helps,
I'd be very interested to hear about it...

peksi

"Mateo" <m_leija@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We've installed MS03-031 on several SQL server 7 SP4 and 2000 SP3
production
> instances running on both NT4 and W2K. We applied the HotFix on NT to
> resolve the connection errors, but other than that we've haven't
experienced
> any issues. Last nite we installed the patch on our most critical high
> volume production server and begain experiencing performance issues this
> morning. We're seeing a high number of queries running over 2 secs, with
> many taking over 20 seconds to complete and some over a minute. Normally
we
> see a few taking several secs, but not nearly this many. Because of this,
> we're experiencing ODBC timeouts. The CPU (4x) on the server is running
> 50-100%, but there's little paging to the swap file. Several queries are
> showing wait times with a 'CXPACKET' wait type.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this type of behavior? Feedback on this issue
> would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>
> ~Mateo

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Backup server option for SBS
    ... anticipate experiencing, then come up with a plan based on what you want to ... the SBS server must have all of the FSMO roles. ... Once the server installation is complete and stable, ... best way to reduce downtime there is to implement a good redundant hard ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Windows Update KB905915 issues
    ... I have been experiencing similar problems. ... > Over the last 2 weeks my SBS 2000 server has been experiencing very erratic ... > 1) Unable to establish new VPN connections. ... > just hangs at the "saving your settings" window. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Update to Upper Case
    ... They (the people who manage our server) did ... you may be experiencing the "MISSING Reference" problem. ... "Student Databaser" wrote: ... Please reply to the newsgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Some users are unable to access a site in sharepoint
    ... experienced this and I have done a lot of installs. ... -are you both using WSS 3 on an AD domain? ... you using the server farm config, and using SQL for the database? ... I am experiencing same issue. ...
  • PLEASE HELP: My Exchange server is being blasted by spammer
    ... If this is like what I'm experiencing on my E2K server - ... >almost all coming from the Exchange Admin auto ... >216.181.47.4 is my public IP for my exchange server. ... >myself up to spammer attacks. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)