Re: Database security

From: Allan Mitchell (allan_at_no-spam.sqldts.com)
Date: 10/27/03

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:57:42 -0000

I personally would use a windows Group and grant that permissions on the SQL
Server.

Do they really need ALL permissions on the DB or can you get away with
db_datareader and db_datawriter ?

You may also want to look at Application Roles.

RESTORE - Yes the DB is kept as was when you backed it up, permissions and
all.

Full System Restore then you will be restoring master, user DBs etc anyway
which contain all you need. I like to keep copies of scrpits as well to
recreate everything just in case.

--
Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE,MCDBA
"Tanuj Ralhan" <tanujralhan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi everybody
>
> I have a VB6 application, which connects to a SQL Server.
> I want my user to connect to the database using a single
> user/password as the data security is implemented thru the
> application itself. Please help me as to how I create such
> user (not sa) and grant full permission to the database.
> Also in case of full system restore how the database would
> be recreated with the same permission and would the users
> have to logon as "sa" to do that.
> Thanks in advance.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SQL CE Synching Problems
    ... Have you granted IUSER_ServerName access to your publication within SQL ... It looks like the permissions problem is getting access to the publication. ... so the issue has to be between the server tools and the publisher. ... > A request to send data to the computer running IIS has failed. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.ce)
  • Re: SQL Server, Rechtevergabe
    ... Im "SQL Server Management Studio Express" wäre solch eine Einstellung ... GRANT SELECT ON DATENBANK.TABELLE.COLUMN TO User ... "Finden des Objekt-Objekts 'MyFirstColumn' ist nicht möglich, ... Specifies the name of a column in a table on which permissions are being granted. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.csharp)
  • Re: Logging in irrespective of database access
    ... Sysadmin role members have full permissions, ... SQL Server MVP ... > My problem is that in the Login section of Enterprise Manger I have to> specify that each login has the System Admin ticked under Server Roles> because in SQL 2000 there doesn't seem to a Grant All permissions option> like there used to be in SQL 6.5. ... > What's the point in having the Database Access section if the System Admin> under Server Roles allows you to get into anything?. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)