Re: getting a list of groups a specific user belongs to in sql server 2000

From: Tim Garrod (TGarrod5_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/14/03

Date: 14 Oct 2003 14:24:29 -0700

Try taking a look at xp_logininfo. I had the same issue with a SQL
Server 7 database, where login permissions were dictated by the users
NT groups, and I needed to determine where the permissions were being
derived from.
The mapped login name should provide you with the groups being used by
the user passed in.

Exec xp_logininfo 'domain\username'

"SriSamp" <ssampath@sct.co.in> wrote in message news:<O$pe2JlkDHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> If you are looking at determining which Windows groups a user is belonging
> to, that information can be fetched from your domain (for example Active
> Directory). To know what database roles a user is part of, check out
> "sp_helpuser"
> --
> HTH,
> SriSamp
> Please reply to the whole group only!
> http://www32.brinkster.com/srisamp
>
> "Bas" <b_van_den_broek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I need to know if there is a way in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 to
> > determine which Windows groups a user belongs to if logging into the
> > database under Windows Authentication. I am making a tool to view all
> > permissions of a user, but since most permissions are granted through
> > groups here, I need to find an efficient way to look this up.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Bas

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SQL Server 7.0 ignores user permissions
    ... Is Windows user a member of some Windows groups? ... have all permissions in SQL Server. ... > In my database I have a table called, for the sake of argument, 'TableX'. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: List Users Permissions down to table.column action
    ... THIS STORED PROCEDURE GENERATES COMMANDS ... -- FIXED PROBLEMS WITH STATEMENT LEVEL PERMISSIONS GRANTING. ... -- CREATE TABLE TO HOLD LIST OF USERS IN CURRENT DATABASE ... -- GRANT USER ACCESS TO SERVER ROLES ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: User access on a company intranet
    ... Yes they need full permissions on the folder where the backend is. ... You wouldn't need to do this in your copy of the database. ... However you can toggle the shiftkey bypass from another mdb file. ... When you want to implement security, you create a new mdw file, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Active directory corruption
    ... During an installation of PHP I accidentally changed permissions for the ... Active Directory database is unavailable because it is damaged, ... Open a command prompt and run NTDSUTIL to verify the paths for the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Active directory corruption
    ... default web site and copied the permissions to all the child ... as it may not be the database that is the problem. ... prompt, use the ESENTUTL to check the integrity of the database. ... To recover the database type the following at the command prompt: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)