dbo has disappeared

From: Richard (richard.peoples_at_lacdc.org)
Date: 09/13/03

    Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:15:06 -0700

    I am getting the following error when I try to access the
    sa account on one of my servers. I also noticed that the
    dbo user is does not exist in any of my production
    databases, it does exist in my system databases. I did
    read somewhere to try to use sp_changedbowner, but it
    says that the user dbo does not exist, and it will not
    let me change it. Any suggestions?

    Error 21776 (SQL-DMO)The name 'dbo' was not found in the
    Users collection. If the name is a valid name, use [] to
    separate the parts and try again.".