Re: data encryption

From: Andrew J. Kelly (
Date: 08/06/03

Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 18:48:52 -0400

Well SQL Server itself really has no native way to encrypt data (other than
passwords) but these links might help: Encryption Encryption

Andrew J. Kelly
SQL Server MVP
"Arnel" <> wrote in message
> Can SQL Server 7.0 SP4 encrypt data?  If so, how?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Encrypt data - SQL Server 2000
    ... Encrypt data - SQL Server 2000 ... We have already implemented a tight security schema for the server, ... database and user groups, but business users want ...
  • Re: Application concerns OVER Login
    ... I don't know your exact requirements, but at least with SQL Server if you ... certainly use a third party tool to encrypt data, but the database schema ... More often than not, technology ...
  • Re: SQL Server Security Question
    ... SQL Server 2005 can encrypt data. ... to encrypt data without the DBA being able to decrypt it. ... One of my clients is looking for a encryption tool for SQL Server to make ... DBAs should still be able to perform administrative tasks but not ...
  • Re: Encrypting Data in SQL Server Tables
    ... > I was hoping that someone knew of a way to encrypt data ... > DTS the confidential data into SQL Server 2000. ...
  • RE: Encryption of Data
    ... SQL Server 2005 will support this at column level using Certificates. ... Regards ... "Jane" wrote: ... > We have a requirement to encrypt data within SQL Server, ...