Re: Starting Service with SQL Authentication

From: Kevin (ReplyTo_at_Newsgroups.only)
Date: 07/26/03

Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:39:01 -0700

At first glance, I'd say NO, agent would require sysadmin by design - but,
if you want to do a little investigative work with profiler, I'd say you can
probably work around most of it with explicit grants. Another option with
agent is to run it as local system (or some dumbed-down nt account) and have
it use sql standard authentication (basically "sa"). Not sure what your
requirements are....

On the other hand - personally, it's not a problem to work without sql
agent - using either the windows task scheduler or if your shop has an
enterprise scheduling tool.

"Neil W." <neilw.nospam@netlib.com> wrote in message
> Then in this case the SQL Agent startup account would need Admin rights?
Is