Linked and Remote Servers

From: Jim McGrath (jmcgrath_at_winhosp.org)
Date: 07/25/03

    Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:24:57 -0700

    I have a combination of Sql2K, Sql7 and one 6.5 servers.
    A couple of days ago Linked Servers appeared under the
    Security folder in Enterprise Manager. One server shows a
    linked server. Most others show some combination of
    remote servers including some where the remote server is
    the server itself.

    The oldest machine lists six remote servers two of which
    have not existed on the network for months.

    Would Sql Server or DTS create these automatically for any
    reason?

    • Re: Does replication setup make some entry in the Remote servers setti
      ... There is even a special entry for the local server name. ... will replication create entries in the Remote Servers setting in EM? ... > Linked Servers setting because the remote servers feature is for backward ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)
    • Re: SQL2005 Linked server authentication problem
      ... out this double-hop kerberos issue with linked servers in SQL2005 is an ... The problem occurs when I tried to connect from a client PC, to a SQL ... from a different server e.g. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: Job Failure
      ... Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP ... > set up to use a valid account on the linked servers. ... >>You will get problems is the job owner isn't sysadmin, ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
    • RE: Memory issues with Linked Servers
      ... That worked for the reading part of the linked server ... we are able to fix the linked servers. ... > gets memory for its OLE DB providers) to see if it is indeed getting ... > MemToLeave space being exhausted? ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
    • Re: Wierd Primary Key issue
      ... the production server and then I removed the foreign key restraints. ... I have written queries to access data on linked servers using 4-part names ... The columnthat make up the primary key: ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.tools)