DB Auditing & Intrusion Testing Tools

From: Glen Moffitt (gd.moffitt_at_verizon.net)
Date: 07/22/03

Date: 22 Jul 2003 09:17:24 -0700

We're reviewing our needs for an Auditing and Intrusion testing and
detection toolset for both Oracle and MS SQL systems. The focus would
be on 1) auditing system and object rights for users, 2) monitoring of
access and changes to DB objects & 3) Providing good tools (reports,
etc) that assist in reviewing the data collected.

Can anyone recommend a company or product? Any rants and raves? This
would be for a small-medium enterprise, 20-30 SQL Server instances and
3-5 Oracle 8i instances.

Thanks!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Script to detect any changes to database
    ... database. ... It was introduced in Oracle 5 (I am sure that Oracle 5.1.22 had ... auditing) and is an integral part of the Oracle RDBMS ever since. ... but I was talking about schema changes. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Change History for System Tables?
    ... > facility must be an option that Oracle allows. ... > auditing seems like a rather crude solution - it would record all the ... > feature, but it doesn't seem practical - the frequency of change to ... a quick and dirty is to add an "after ddl" trigger at database level to ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Oracle DB Audity
    ... list of commercial oracle security scanners and related software. ... auditing file systems and listeners and database checks. ... Now you can get trustworthy commercial-grade exploits and the latest ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Change History for System Tables?
    ... up the system such that you could look at the change history of various ... facility must be an option that Oracle allows. ... auditing seems like a rather crude solution - it would record all the ... feature, but it doesn't seem practical - the frequency of change to ...