Re: Integrated Security

From: Russell Fields (rlfields_at_sprynet.com)
Date: 07/18/03

    Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:42:00 -0400

    Dave,

    Have you tried using the IS_MEMBER and IS_SRVROLEMEMBER functions in TSQL?

    These will not enumerate the groups that a login is a member of, but you can
    check for membership in any group that you are concerned with.

    Russell Fields
    "Dave Havard" <dave@exploreworldwide.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I am trying to impliment some security based on wether a
    > user belongs to a particular Domain Group. I have added
    > the group as a login to SQL (2k) and am using the
    > xp_logininfo extended sp to get a check wether the
    > connected user is a member of that group. The problem is
    > that when I add more groups the procedure does not detect
    > them. Is there something I need to do?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dave

    • Re: IJA Passions
      ... Dave is obviously not bothered about his privacy in this matter as he is ... that the people bothered about keeping this a secret at the IJA BOD. ... The team he was part of contained a member of the BOD ...
      (rec.juggling)
    • Re: sp_revoke login is not working as expected.
      ... EXEC xp_logininfo 'MyDomain\SomeUserAccount','members' ... Try specifying a group member rather than the group. ... This should list the Windows groups the user can connect with. ... connect with the non-existing login. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: Repost: Local logon and Network Access settings
      ... > think require network login since they are over the wire do in fact ... In the default situation, Authenticated Users ... > is a member of User on a member machine, and, Users are granted ... > user accounts that should be allowed to log into the machines in SomeOU. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
    • Re: fmw : link between logins and cards
      ... and i have made a login/password belonging to this group, for each member ... j'ai une table dans laquelle j'ai une fiche par adherent, ... correspondant au login de cet adherent ... j'ai fait un groupe pour les adherents, j'ai fait les reglages pour les ...
      (comp.databases.filemaker)
    • Re: Long time taking for Single user to logon
      ... Have them try and logon to a different workstation. ... posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... Any chance that the user is member of an Universal Group? ... Asked user to login from some diffrent system from the same site. ...