Not associated with trusted SQL connection.

From: Matteo Mago Merlano (matteo.merlano_at_ags-it.com)
Date: 07/12/03

    Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:10:48 -0700

    Allright, the Server is in mixed mode, but.. what kind of
    authentication does the WebService actually use? Do you
    some kind of "connection string"?

    m.

    • Re: HTTP Statuscode 401 (unauthorized) when accessing secured webservice
      ... The 3rd party webservice is hosted on linux. ... Using the CredentialCache to specify basic authentication didn't help. ... you can use CredentialCache class to construct client credentials and specify authenticaiton type. ... We welcome your comments and suggestions about how we can improve the support we provide to you. ...
    • Re: Connecting to AS 2005 using a specified user
      ... specifying MSOLAP.2 in the connection string has no effect ... when connecting from Excel. ... AS2005 is the same userID specified in the HTTP connection string, ... > Basic authentication credentials. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
    • Re: Persisting user login credentials across pages
      ... In ASP.Net 1.1 most people add the connection string to the web.config file. ... "Siobhan" wrote in message ... >> Sample code requires you to have a login method on your Principal class ... >>> I am not sure how Forms authentication would work - the sample using ...
    • RE: HTTP Statuscode 401 (unauthorized) when accessing secured webservice
      ... \par From your description, you're encountering some problem when accessing an external/3rdparty webservice in your .net application, the error is specific to security authentication, correct? ... \par ** that's the external webservice's authenticatino mode(integrated windows or basic authentication) or whether it is hosted on IIS server ot not? ... \par From: Anton ...
    • RE: User Security?
      ... The authentication is "Integrated Windows Authentication". ... Currently I am trying to access the web service thru IE6. ... you're developing an ASP.NET webservice which hosted ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ...