Re: OPENQUERY

From: kob uki (kob_uki_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/07/03

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 10:25:31 -0600

Thanks Jacques!

Yeah, I have modified the call according to the article, but it is still not
clear to me WHY it is so.

"By design" doesn't help too much. :) The link is impersonating, the job is
owned by a sql server user (not windows authenticated one), the job is
invoked by one windows\user1 and the job's step gets executed under the
credentials of yet another windows\user2. SQL Server can not perform SETUSER
on windows\user2.

Another thing: osql -E -Q "exec my_sp"

returns successfull execution if my_sp doesn't exist.

annoying...

Thanks, anyhow!

"VUILLERMET Jacques" <jacquesv@no-spam.moc> wrote in message
> It's by design.
>
> See : PRB: SQL Server Agent Job Fails When the Job Uses a Linked Server
and
> the Job Owner Is Not a System Administrator
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811031
>
> Jacques.
>
> "kob uki" <kob_uki@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> uSQoD3lQDHA.3700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > I have an openquery select statement to a linked server.
> > A job (having this openquery) is successful only if the owner of the job
> is
> > a sysadmin. This is nuts. I mean, should it be this way?
> > The openquery runs fine from QA even if the user is not sysadmin.
> > The error of the job is Remote access not allowed for Windows NT user
> > activated by SETUSER. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7410).
> > So, if the the owner of the job is sysadmin then there is no SETUSER,
and
> if
> > it is not then SETUSER... not clear. (no proxy user defined).
> >
> > Can anyone explain this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > kob_uki

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to handle concurrency issue with better performance?
    ... Hitchhiker's Guide to Visual Studio and SQL Server ... Then for timestamp, it will be unique? ... Collisions occur because your design permits ... select command). ...
  • Re: ORDER BY in VIEW not working
    ... As an object-oriented programmer, I expect to be able to encapsulate ... The relevant design principle is that of Orthogonal Design. ... State what version of SQL Server you are using and specify the content ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Re: Target number of database reads per user
    ... Yeah, just to echo what Andy is saying, if you want to have the question ... If you can post code/database design we could all take a look. ... Pro SQL Server 2000 Database Design - ...
  • Re: Access Form connected to SQL table in Access Data Project (.adp file)
    ... Under the previous design, he would just open the form and could ... navigate through the last few orders by clicking "next record" a few times. ... > the form what records it should load. ... we are NOT even using sql server yet. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.conversion)
  • Re: Database design question
    ... Pro SQL Server 2000 Database Design ... Please reply to the newsgroups only unless you are ...