Re: script object-level permissions

From: cengiz (
Date: 06/25/03

Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:13:15 -0700

I'm sure that there isn't anything about permissions in my
object script. The strange thing is that it works for some
other databases in the same SQL Server instance.

physically next to the
>associated object in the script. Make sure you look
through the entire
>Andrew J. Kelly
>SQL Server MVP
>"cengiz" <> wrote in message
>> I've a database on SQL Server 2000, when I want to
>> generate scripts of my objects, even if I choose "script
>> object level permissions" , Sql Server does not script
>> permissions that I've on my object.
>> thanks in advance

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Configuring SQL 2000 for use with ESRI ArcSDE
    ... You can assign SQL Server users to database roles using sp_addrolemember: ... Permissions are entirely application specific. ... vendor for clarification of security requirements. ... I have Two databases 3 Roles ...
  • Re: Permission to restore databases and access them without being
    ... dbcreator to the login so that you can restore the databases. ... " in SQL Server 2005 Books Online: ... assign your wanted permissions such as db_reader/db_writer ...
  • Re: Hiding database
    ... Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP) ... >>>Can someone explan how to hide databases in enterprise manager. ... >> permissions are granted to these users. ... > have access rights to one of them. ...
  • Re: Security Script
    ... You when you restore a database, or attach it, SQL Server maintains the ... logins but removes all permissions to databases and their objects. ...
  • Re: public role???
    ... What exactly do you mean by "new users have access to all DBs"? ... If you mean that new users can see the names of the other databases, ... Documentation on the "guest" account is available in the SQL Server Books ... > permissions. ...