Re: Can SQL Users have Access to A Win2k Share?

From: Dejan Sarka (dejan_please_reply_to_newsgroups.sarka_at_avtenta.si)
Date: 06/25/03

    Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:05:18 +0200

    Yes, they can use so-called proxy account for the xp_cmdshell operations.
    Check the "xp_sqlagent_proxy_account" topic in Books OnLine
    (mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20SQL%20Server\80\Tools\Books\ts
    qlref.chm::/ts_xp_aa-sz_8sdm.htm).

    --
    Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
    FAQ from Neil & others at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com
    > Hello All!
    > Because we use Netware and eDirectory for our directory services, we
    > installed SQL 2000 SP3 to not use Windows and SQL user account info, but
    > rather just the SQL user info. Now, because of a misunderstanding and lack
    > of competence from our service provider/data center, we have implemented a
    > new mission critical application that for some reason needs to see a share
    > on the server. No drives need to be mapped, it just seems that it wants to
    > know its there, then do its thing...is there a way to give sql users
    access
    > to a share? I would really hate having to deal with eDirectory in a mixed
    > environment!
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Luis

    • RE: xp_cmdshell, Access Denied, Further Investigation Reveals
      ... As i tried to explain the Agent proxy account has Admin rights, ... this share and security tab show the admin group in with this user ... This is not just a problem with SQL if you read below i used ... > member of the sysadmin group, xp_cmdshell will impersonate the SQL Server ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: Access 2007->SQL Server2005 "connection was forcibly closed",G
      ... I moved every table I was able to move to the SQL ... closed connections - but all of these errors are in the version which used ... the SQL Server 2000 and everything worked ... communication between ODBC (OLEDB and Native Client, ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
    • It can be Done
      ... I just installed a 3 SQL Server 2005 instances on a 2 node Active/Passive cluster. ... IWiz will then offer you a choice of Group on where you can install teh Fail Over Clustered Instance of SQL. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
    • Re: Unable to Apply SP4 to SQL 2000 Cluster (new Node)
      ... Rebuild the node in the failover cluster. ... Scenario 1" in SQL Server 2000 Books Online. ... This setup process updates to SP4 only the binaries on the new ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
    • Re: WSS 3.0 question
      ... I followed the advise given in removing WSS 3.0 etc, ... the server is complaining that the SQL service(?) was tempered with or corrupt. ... I may just instal the SQL server as I was going eventuall use it anyway. ... If WSUS 3.0 is installed, I would suggest you uninstall it and then you install WSS 3.0. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)