Re: Copy Database Wizard: Security Issue

From: Steve Thompson (SteveThompson_at_nomail.please)
Date: 06/17/03

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:46:22 -0400

"Jeremy" <jnicholes@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:02b701c334fe$e830b6b0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> I am trying to use the Copy Database Wizard to, obviously
> enough, copy a SQL database on one server, to another SQL
> Server.
>
> I've tried all sorts of combinations of selecting the
> authentication methods (Windows, or SQL Server). I
> continue to get this message:
>
> "CDW Error Message: Your SQL Server is running under the
> local system account. You need to change your SQL Server
> Service account to have the rights to copy files over the
> network."
>
> Any ideas as to what I need to change?

The message implies that the MSSQLServer (or the SQLServer Agent) service
needs to run under an account context that allows Server1 to send the
appropriate data content to Server2.

Use a domain account that has sufficient permissions on both servers, add it
to SQL Server service(s) through Enterprise manager. Stop and restart
MSSQLServer service for the change to take effect.

Steve