Re: Copy Database Wizard: Security Issue

From: Steve Thompson (SteveThompson_at_nomail.please)
Date: 06/17/03

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:46:22 -0400

"Jeremy" <jnicholes@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:02b701c334fe$e830b6b0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> I am trying to use the Copy Database Wizard to, obviously
> enough, copy a SQL database on one server, to another SQL
> Server.
>
> I've tried all sorts of combinations of selecting the
> authentication methods (Windows, or SQL Server). I
> continue to get this message:
>
> "CDW Error Message: Your SQL Server is running under the
> local system account. You need to change your SQL Server
> Service account to have the rights to copy files over the
> network."
>
> Any ideas as to what I need to change?

The message implies that the MSSQLServer (or the SQLServer Agent) service
needs to run under an account context that allows Server1 to send the
appropriate data content to Server2.

Use a domain account that has sufficient permissions on both servers, add it
to SQL Server service(s) through Enterprise manager. Stop and restart
MSSQLServer service for the change to take effect.

Steve

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I experienced exactly the same problem in my organisation.
    ... I am totally noob in SQL Server and Windows OS... ... therefor you can usually start the Agent under a domain account. ... created a new OU with a slightly different group policy. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: SQL account rights
    ... Please advice what is the best, suitable rights rather than domain admin ... issues, such as a server that might have IIS running on the same machine, ... applicable to SQL 2000 environment, ... files, or backups, make sure that the service account has Full ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: MP Install issue
    ... Where in the installation are you talking about specifying the account rather ... > MPDB ERROR - CONNECTION PARAMETERS ... > SQL Server Name: servername ... > with a trusted SQL Server connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
  • Re: SQL Express Fails with Hardware Error
    ... The LocalSystem account is a built-in account, ... which the SQL Service runs. ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... Minimum Hardware Requirement (Warning) ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: SCCM with a remote SQL instance problems (IT IS NOT A WARNING)
    ... PreReq check is not a WARNING it is a FAILURE. ... account the run the SQL Server Service on the server, Domain Memberships, AD ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.installer)