Re: ERROR: [SQL-DMO] The name 'dbo' was not found in the users collection...

From: jrm (jhjim69_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/21/03

Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 08:09:46 -0400

Seems to have taken care of the problems.

Thanks Russell !

"jrm" <jhjim69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Russell, I'll run it and let you know what happens.
>

> "Russell Fields" <rlfields@sprynet.com> wrote in message
> > jrm,
> >
> > I have seen this happen in the case where:
> >
> > Database Fred owned by 'sa' was backed up.
> >
> > User 'demigod' creates (or recreates) a database named Fred, then
restores
> > the backup that was owned by 'sa'.
> >
> > Now sysdatabases believes that the database is owned by 'demigod', but
> > Fred.dbo.sysusers believes that 'sa' created it.
> >
> > If this is your case, do the following:
> >
> > 1. Use sp_changedbowner to change to 'someotheruser'.
> > 2. Use sp_changedbowner again to change to 'sa'
> >
> > Russell Fields
> >
> > "jrm" <jhjim69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > When selecting properties for sa under Logins I received the following
> > > error: [SQL-DMO] The name 'dbo' was not found in the users collection.
> If
> > > the name is a qualified name, use [] to separate various parts of the
> name
> > > and try again.
> > >
> > > The properties window will open but when I select the Database Access
> tab
> > > and scroll through all the databases for sa, the user column says dbo
> but
> > > the bottom half of the window, Permit in Database Role, db_owner is
NOT
> > > checked. When I attempt to check it and hit OK, I get the same error.
> > >
> > > Also, I can't add sa or dbo to the uses in the individual database, it
> > say's
> > > they are reserved.
> > >
> > > How to solve this problem. I need to make sure sa is the dbo in each
> > > database and get rid of all these error messages.
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > jrm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: News Flash***
    ... Take care, our love goes to you and Betty Ann and the family ... I still have two months to live Russell: ... The clock is yours & a lot of other stuff I put in my will that you ... John & Bettyann ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: for Jesus sake (prayers)
    ... GAGS wrote: ... although we've not seen JR stockton for a while... ... It's the other JR (Russell) who in the past has had a pop about my ... Cubs don't care how much you know, but they need to know how much you care. ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: S20 - Episode 02 - Part 6
    ... the tribe. ... care of them". ... and Russell are different people. ... Here's a handy chart for you that you can print out and keep handy so ...
    (alt.tv.survivor)
  • Re: Survivor Samoa: the biggest Loser is the biggest Winner
    ... I don't care if he's already a millionaire. ... Russell should have taken Jaison instead of Nathalie, ... anyone know where the reveal of how the final vote when down--who voted ...
    (alt.tv.survivor)
  • Re: Survivors Amanda: Ill Never Play the Game Again (tvguide.com ...
    ... make me like Russell that much more..." ... Didn't care much for 'The Dead', huh, Dub? ... Rupert is a fine guy...while Russell is an AH. ... jealous of his great game play. ...
    (alt.tv.survivor)