Data integrity

From: Christian Rosenzweig (Christian.Rosenzweig_at_medvision.de)
Date: 05/12/03

Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 01:17:53 -0700

Hallo,

when I change any bit in the database (e.g. by hex editor)
or any bit changes by physical effects like magnetism what
happens with my SQL server? Does it recognize such
manipulations? Is there a warning? Or do I get wrong data
according to changed bits?

Microsoft seems to refuse to give me a official statement.
I need it for certification of a product which is used in
a medical product which claims for 100% data integrity.

If there is no internal security mechanism in SQL server I
have to implement crc or hash algorithms for any data
storing in my application.

Thanks for any helpful answers.