Re: Changing authentication mode

From: Jasper Smith (jasper_smith9_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/06/03

    Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 07:47:36 +0100

    You need to restart the SQL Service for this to take effect. You
    can check the following registry key to make sure it has been changed

    Default instance:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSSqlserver\MSSqlServer\LoginMode
    Named instance:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\Instance
    Name\MSSQLServer\LoginMode

    to 2 for mixed-mode or 1 for integrated

    --
    HTH
    Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)
    "Richard Walker" <rwalker@custman.com.au> wrote in message
    > I want to change the authentication mode for an SQL server
    > from Windows Only to SQL Server And Windows. When I make
    > the change then click OK, then go back into the server
    > properties, it's reverted back to Windows Only.
    >
    > Anything I'm missing here?? This is one of two SQL Servers
    > currently active on our network.

    • Re: Login failed for user (null)
      ... Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. ... However, if you deal with the Domain controller, most of the controls there ... > (Windows 2003 server, domain member). ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: Login failed for user (null)
      ... Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. ... However, if you deal with the Domain controller, most of the controls there ... > (Windows 2003 server, domain member). ...
    • Re: Login failed for user (null)
      ... Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. ... However, if you deal with the Domain controller, most of the controls there ... > (Windows 2003 server, domain member). ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
    • Re: Login failed for user (null)
      ... Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. ... However, if you deal with the Domain controller, most of the controls there ... > (Windows 2003 server, domain member). ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
    • Re: Login failed for ServerGuest
      ... I think it is not a limitation in Windows 2000. ... access SQL server on Win2000 server by using Windows authenctication if I ... | I have noticed that when I try to log in using Windows Authentication ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)