Re: CLIENT PERMISSION

From: Muhammad Saleem Usmani (msusmani_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 04/26/03

Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 12:51:57 +0300

Dear Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. It helped me a lot. Can you please help me if there is
a way that a DB admin cannot disable certain triggers / procedures. Or is
there a way that we can hide the tables and procedures from the DB admin?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely

Saleem

"Andrew J. Kelly" <ajkellynospam@attbi.com> wrote in message
> Please don't post independently in multiple newsgroups. See my reply in
> .programming.
>
> --
>
> Andrew J. Kelly
> SQL Server MVP
>

> "Muhammad Saleem Usmani" <msusmani@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We have just acquired an application from a vendor which uses SQL
server.
> > The problem is that the vendors have created SQL Server Logins for
every
> > user and have given the passwords to users. Since some of the users have
> > Enterprise Manager installed on their pcs, so they access the DB and at
> > times change the passwords and other things.
> >
> > There are a few things that I want to ask.
> >
> > 1. Is there a way to limit or deny them access through Enterprise
Manager.
> > 2. Is there a way that they cannot manipulate information / passwords.
> > 3. Is there a way that we can hide databases and access information from
> > these users.
> > 4. Is there a mechanism that we can limit certain users to the role of
> > Readers Only.
> >
> > Please note that all the users are grouped in the role public.
> >
> > Any help will be highly appreciated.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Saleem

Relevant Pages

  • Re: CLIENT PERMISSION
    ... Andrew J. Kelly ... "Muhammad Saleem Usmani" wrote in message ... >> SQL Server MVP ... >>> times change the passwords and other things. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • How to hide field data from administrator
    ... I have case where I save passwords in database table, ... those password in database so that even admin can't see those. ... Is this possible by SQL Server settings? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: data encryption
    ... Well SQL Server itself really has no native way to encrypt data (other than ... passwords) but these links might help: ... Andrew J. Kelly ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Determine Disk Block Size ?
    ... As always, thanks Andrew. ... Most of the documentation for 2000 is wrong in that it may state you need multiple files to spawn multiple threads. ... >> The MS SQL Server Operations Manual makes a recommendation of using 64-KB>> cluster sizes. ... We have done so with a dramatic total disk I/O>> throughput. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Clustering and SA Role
    ... It helps if your Domain/Enterprise Administrators, Server Administrators, ... > I guess the issue is that in SQL2000 one could remove local admin group ... > legitimately getting into SQL Server. ... Trust for sure simplifies management in many ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)