Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:20:28 +0300
We have just acquired an application from a vendor which uses SQL server.
The problem is that the vendors have created SQL Server Logins for every
user and have given the passwords to users. Since some of the users have
Enterprise Manager installed on their pcs, so they access the DB and at
times change the passwords and other things.
There are a few things that I want to ask.
1. Is there a way to limit or deny them access through Enterprise Manager.
2. Is there a way that they cannot manipulate information / passwords.
3. Is there a way that we can hide databases and access information from
4. Is there a mechanism that we can limit certain users to the role of
Please note that all the users are grouped in the role public.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
- Re: CLIENT PERMISSION
... "Muhammad Saleem Usmani" wrote in message ... > We have just acquired an application from a vendor which uses SQL server. ... > times change the passwords and other things. ... Is there a way that they cannot manipulate information / passwords. ...
- [NT] SQL Server Installation Process May Leave Passwords on System
... service pack for SQL Server 7.0 or SQL Server 2000, ... without having to actually perform an installation. ... to SQL Server 7.0 Service Pack 4, the passwords were stored in clear text. ... information in the setup.iss and log files would not allow any access. ...
- Re: Problem: Changing the SQL Server services password - round 2
... Tried changing SQL Server 2005 service passwords on a second unrelated ... one node (the node that SSCM was running on), ... As the passwords were set to expire, ... BTW - the command line cluster service password change ...
- RE: New Paper: Microsoft SQL Server Passwords
... > Subject: New Paper: Microsoft SQL Server Passwords ... are stored in Microsoft's SQL Server. ... If you select a case-insensitive collation for your SQL Server ... Drop all of the user databases. ...
- SQL Server 7 & 2000 Installation process and Service Packs write encoded passwords to a file
... Service Packs write encoded passwords to a file. ... When installing Microsoft SQL Server or the latest SQL ... SQL Server login and password used by the installation ...