Re: Login problem

From: BP Margolin (bpmargo@attglobal.net)
Date: 04/20/03

    From: "BP Margolin" <bpmargo@attglobal.net>
    Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 13:44:11 -0400

    Ben,

    I'm not sure that I completely understand your current setup, but it sounds as if you either want to:

    (1) right click the SQL Server Group, and choose the New SQL Server Registration option, or

    (2) right click the SQL Server instance name, and go with the Edit SQL Server Registration Properties option.

    BP Margolin
    Please reply only to the newsgroups.

    "Ben" <ben@NOSPAMtsp.com> wrote in message news:ORM4yZzBDHA.1612@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > I've seen lots of similar problems to do with the SQL server or Windows
    > Authentication problems, but nothing exactly the same as mine. Basically, I
    > have SQL Server 2000 trial edition running on XP pro. I've set it to
    > Windows Authenticaiton, but if I try to expand my servers branch in the
    > management console, then I get the message "Login failed for user..."
    > Obviously I need to get past this point to even try to set up an SQL
    > authenticated user. (I have tried the built in SA account, with SQL Server
    > authentication on, but then get the trusted connection message.)
    >
    > I have also chaanged the registry key to allow mixed authentication - no
    > luck there.
    >
    > Ay help apprecaited
    >
    > Be

    • Re: Windows Authentication in asp.net 2005 to SQL Server?
      ... If the domains do not trust each other, Windows authentication is not going ... Basic authentication sometimes makes the need for Kerberos delegation go ... generic account to do the backend data stuff on our SQL Server. ...
    • Re: I dont want to re-invent the Login/Login Wheel - Help with utilities
      ... Yes, if you use .NET1.1, there isn't built-in login control, and more importanltly there isn't ready-to-use membership component to use. ... the membership provider uses SQL Server or SQL Server Express. ... We feel that having the capability to force password change would be a better benefit in securing our application and data access. ... Both Windows authentication and authorization wolud be be fine if we wanted the world to have access to our application data, but not very intuitive for maintaining integrity over our data. ...
      (microsoft.public.vstudio.general)
    • RE: IIS (ASP) -> SQLServer Authentication Issue
      ... I understand that you'd like to use IIS Intergration authentication in the ... and ASP "impersonates" authencitaed users to access SQL Server on ... only kerberos authentication allows double-hops from clients ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: SBS Premium Edition .. what way is SQL licenced
      ... Another thing to note in using your SQL Server as a backend database is the ... concept of Forms-based authentication and Integrated Windows authentication. ... thereby requiring individual CALs to access SQL Server. ... Chad A. Gross - SBS MVP ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Integrated Authentication with SQL
      ... On the IIS level there is no trouble authenticating with kerberos. ... problem is in when I try to flow those credentials over to the SQL server. ... Successful Network Logon: ... Authentication Package: Kerberos ...