Login problem

From: Ben (ben@NOSPAMtsp.com)
Date: 04/20/03

From: "Ben" <ben@NOSPAMtsp.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 13:14:54 +0100

I've seen lots of similar problems to do with the SQL server or Windows
Authentication problems, but nothing exactly the same as mine. Basically, I
have SQL Server 2000 trial edition running on XP pro. I've set it to
Windows Authenticaiton, but if I try to expand my servers branch in the
management console, then I get the message "Login failed for user..."
Obviously I need to get past this point to even try to set up an SQL
authenticated user. (I have tried the built in SA account, with SQL Server
authentication on, but then get the trusted connection message.)

I have also chaanged the registry key to allow mixed authentication - no
luck there.

Ay help apprecaited

Be

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remote connection failed
    ... If you are going over a remote connection or are not logging ... into the domain where SQL Server is then no, Windows ... authentication won't work. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: Changing passwords / Blocking SA login attempts
    ... I went into the Server Config properties and changed to Windows ... My login for Start and Run SQL server was in this format. ... I am supposing this was an SQL authentication, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Windows Authentication with IIS on separate machines
    ... Yes, setting Basic Authentication in IIS works, but the ... >in SQL server but doesn't work if user account was ... >imported from a Windows account. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Login failed for ServerGuest
    ... I think it is not a limitation in Windows 2000. ... access SQL server on Win2000 server by using Windows authenctication if I ... | I have noticed that when I try to log in using Windows Authentication ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: server authentication & ASP authentication
    ... on to the client workstation with an authorized Windows account. ... SQL Server with Windows authentication. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)