SSPI error message

From: Malik Ishaq (maliktishaq@yahoo.com)
Date: 04/02/03

From: "Malik Ishaq" <maliktishaq@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:54:40 -0800

Every now and then one of my users gets the following
message:

Could not open FinancePortal Database. Please contact an
Administrator.
Error: -2147467259 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL server Driver]
Cannot generate SSPI Context

Since this happens only once in a while I assume it's some
connectivity issue. But since ODBC connection to Server is
made, that's why it gets the db name, I assume its a
server issue.

Any ideas.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • ODBC Connection
    ... I got problem with ODBC connection, I have a product server and a stage ... Dim intTemp As Integer ... and create a instance of login from asp page, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.odbc)
  • Re: Cannot initialize SSPI package
    ... Troubleshoot the "Cannot Generate SSPI Context" Error Message ... Microsoft SQL Server MVP ... Senior Database Administrator ... > I have an .exe that has been running stable for more than 2.5 years ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: odbc with vfp
    ... Have you considered using the FoxPro and Visual FoxPro OLE DB data provider, ... need quotes around the data source string if it has spaces in it. ... I'm not sure what you mean about security on the server. ... i need to create the ODBC connection and got two ...
  • RE: Trouble with Windows Server 2003
    ... I was looking in the wrong direction with the security issues as you pointed ... referencing an ODBC connection in the ODBC configuration of the computer. ... Data Sources in Control Panel on your XP systems, the Script may have ... Server it may not have that System DSN configured the script would fail even ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: outside Access to IIS server
    ... I created, with your help, a virtual server that answers to the right address. ... I also need him to have the ability to do an ODBC connection and to run CDONTS. ... > I am having a gentleman, emhasis on MAN and not kid, working on my web site. ... If you have a firewall, it would be easy to allow him VPN (even a simple ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)