Specific User Permissions

From: Jose Molina (jmolina4@cox.net)
Date: 03/30/03

From: "Jose  Molina" <jmolina4@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:41:38 -0800

Hi Craig,
One way is to use sp_helprotect with the specific object
(in this case a table) and the user name included as
parameters to get what you are looking for. For example,
you wish to get all the permissions on the Product table
for a user, Mary:

1) Make sure that you are connected to the Northwind
database in Query Analyzer

2) Enter the following comand:
sp_helprotect 'Product','Mary'

-Jose

return the table
>permissions for a specific table for a specific user? I
know that SQL Server
>can figure out the users rights by looking at the
individual permissions and
>roles assigned to the user.
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Hiding database objects
    ... I'm afraid that Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer are not designed to ... can't deny any permissions to members of the sysadmin role, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • how to specify domain SLASH user in Query Analyzer when creating users and granting permissions
    ... I'm trying to set up logons and object permissions for SQLServer ... 2000 in a mixed Windows Authentication / SQL Server Authentication ... I'm working in Query Analyzer because the Enterprise Manager ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • READ ONLY databases
    ... I am having an odd problem with SQL Server/Query ... I can create databases / tables but the tables ... end up as "READ ONLY" in query analyzer. ... directory permissions, etc. are open. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Specific User Permissions
    ... Check out the documentation on the PERMISSIONS function in the SQL Server Books Online. ... can be cut and pasted into Query Analyzer is appreciated. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: DCOM Event 10021 after upgrade SBS2K to SBS2K3
    ... "Craig" wrote: ... When I expanded the DCOM ... When I remove the permissions ... >> and I would like to know how you reinstalled IIS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)