Specific User Permissions

From: Jose Molina (jmolina4@cox.net)
Date: 03/30/03

From: "Jose  Molina" <jmolina4@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:41:38 -0800

Hi Craig,
One way is to use sp_helprotect with the specific object
(in this case a table) and the user name included as
parameters to get what you are looking for. For example,
you wish to get all the permissions on the Product table
for a user, Mary:

1) Make sure that you are connected to the Northwind
database in Query Analyzer

2) Enter the following comand:
sp_helprotect 'Product','Mary'

return the table
>permissions for a specific table for a specific user? I
know that SQL Server
>can figure out the users rights by looking at the
individual permissions and
>roles assigned to the user.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Hiding database objects
    ... I'm afraid that Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer are not designed to ... can't deny any permissions to members of the sysadmin role, ...
  • how to specify domain SLASH user in Query Analyzer when creating users and granting permissions
    ... I'm trying to set up logons and object permissions for SQLServer ... 2000 in a mixed Windows Authentication / SQL Server Authentication ... I'm working in Query Analyzer because the Enterprise Manager ...
  • READ ONLY databases
    ... I am having an odd problem with SQL Server/Query ... I can create databases / tables but the tables ... end up as "READ ONLY" in query analyzer. ... directory permissions, etc. are open. ...
  • Re: Specific User Permissions
    ... Check out the documentation on the PERMISSIONS function in the SQL Server Books Online. ... can be cut and pasted into Query Analyzer is appreciated. ...
  • RE: DCOM Event 10021 after upgrade SBS2K to SBS2K3
    ... "Craig" wrote: ... When I expanded the DCOM ... When I remove the permissions ... >> and I would like to know how you reinstalled IIS. ...