Service Pack Commands

From: Andy (endocrantz@excite.com)
Date: 03/25/03

From: "Andy" <endocrantz@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:39:09 -0800

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there is an argument I can pass to
the SQL Service Pack that will specify a directory to
unpack in?

For example, running sql2ksp3.exe will bring up a dialog
with C:\sql2ksp3 as the default, even if D: is the
boot/system disk.

Running the service packs with the "-s" argument unpacks
them silently into the default (C:\sql2ksp3) directory.

It would be great if I could unpack the archive into the
directory I specify without having to enter it in the GUI
dialog.

Thanks for any tips,

Andy

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sp1a install
    ... You need to have enough space to unpack AND install the service ... However - I suggest you download and install Service Pack 2. ...
  • Re: twos compliment?
    ... and unpack on how to specify 8-byte integers. ... have 64-bit support). ... Christopher Mattern ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Service Pack Updates for Windows XP
    ... First - why Service Pack 1a instead of Windows XP Service Pack 2? ... You need to have enough space to unpack AND install the service pack. ... However - I suggest you download and install Service Pack 2. ...
  • Re: sp1a install
    ... I trued the sp2 and had the problem that it would unpack to a second ... You need to have enough space to unpack AND install the service pack. ... However - I suggest you download and install Service Pack 2. ...
  • Re: Windows 2003 server automatically close down TCP/IP listening for SQL
    ... > did install the service pack and not just download and unpack it, ... > actually install anything. ... > unpacked the service pack into that needs to be run to install the service ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)