Restore SQL Security

From: Alma (adcc69@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/24/03

From: "Alma" <adcc69@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:25:58 -0800

Does somebody know about a tool or a way to restore SQL
Security when restoring SQL 2000 databases? I've tried
creating security scripts for the server and also for each
database and then run those scripts on another server with
the same DB, but I always have to manually fix it because
passwords won't pass or some roles don't create, etc.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: AS2005 ... what is wrong with it?
    ... What I have seen is that the dev server is *faster* than the prod server ... And does your dev server also have all 6 databases with all these roles? ... When I restore the "PROV" i got approx 20 sec. ... Starting from an empty data folder should show if this theory is true ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • 2nd Post - Trouble Getting VS.Net 2003 WalkThrough working
    ... the server. ... MSDE either from the Setup or from the SQL2KDeskSP3 execute. ... it does look like some of the sample databases have been ... >> and they directed me to install MSDE and they attached a ConfigSamples ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)
  • RE: Server Explorer & Databases
    ... As for the visual studio's database server explorer, ... oracle, visual studio generally use the OLD DB provider which is for Oracle ... and support of most general funcctionalitis in latest version of Oracle. ... #Server Explorer for Oracle Databases ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.ide)
  • Re: 2nd Post - Trouble Getting VS.Net 2003 WalkThrough working
    ... The fact that the other databases exists phyiscally doesn´t mean that they ... can try to connect to SQL Server using OSL or a GUI. ... The Command OSQL ist for the commandline under DOS. ... > this MSDE either from the Setup or from the SQL2KDeskSP3 execute. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)
  • Re: AS2005 ... what is wrong with it?
    ... I have 6 OLAP databases on the server. ... When I restore the "PROV" i got approx 20 sec. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)