Re: sp_AddLogin

From: Tom Moreau (tom@dont.spam.me.cips.ca)
Date: 03/24/03

From: "Tom Moreau" <tom@dont.spam.me.cips.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:31:18 -0500

>From the BOL:

Permissions
Only members of the sysadmin and securityadmin fixed server roles can execute sp_addlogin.

--
Tom
Thomas A. Moreau, BSc, PhD, MCSE, MCDBA
"Aaron Barkel" <aaron_bar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eUQBWOk8CHA.2272@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
What permission doesw a login need to perform sp_AddLogin. I keep getting
the following error.
Server: Msg 15247, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_addlogin, Line 17
User does not have permission to perform this action.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Deadlock incidence greatly increased after upgrade from 11.5.1 to 12.5.3 - Suggestions?
    ... They may not execute simultaneously, but each user process only gets a ... Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP ... >> Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP ...
    (comp.databases.sybase)
  • Re: One Web Service updates SQL, another cant?
    ... I'll repost. ... have you tried using the two versions of Execute that I suggested? ... > Columnist, SQL Server Professional ... >> SQL Server MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: user to execute nothing but SP in 2005
    ... What explicit permission I need to give. ... permission and then just grant Execute (I also tried to grant connect ... Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Executin DTSrun Utility under the xp_cmdshell
    ... When you grant execute permissions to users, the users can execute any operating-system command at the Microsoft Windows NTR command shell that the account running Microsoft SQL ServerT has the needed privileges to execute. ... You may, however, grant other users permission to execute this stored procedure. ... When xp_cmdshell is invoked by a user who is a member of the sysadmin fixed server role, xp_cmdshell will be executed under the security context in which the SQL Server service is running. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: xp_cmdshell failed to execute because current security context
    ... SQL Server MVP ... ontario, canada ... xp_cmdshell failed to execute because current security context is not ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)