SQL probe

From: gordon maxson (gordon.maxson@verizon.net)
Date: 03/23/03

From: "gordon maxson" <gordon.maxson@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 18:04:04 -0800

My firewall on my laptop running XP detected (and blocked)
a probe called SQL_SSRP_StackBo. Does this have any
effect on XP? I noted that a patch is supposed to be
downloaded for Windows 2000. Do I need to do anything,
or is the firewall all that is necessary? Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SQL probe
    ... If so - it would be wise ... If not - the firewall should be sufficient. ... > a probe called SQL_SSRP_StackBo. ... I noted that a patch is supposed to be ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: problems with KB951746
    ... Blocking legitimate IP addresses responding on ports the ... using the net will cause the firewall to block IPs more rapidly. ... I doubt the patch, or SBS, is the problem here. ... tried different forwarders, different DNS servers, and root hints only. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: problems with KB951746
    ... Blocking legitimate IP addresses responding on ports the firewall doesn't expect will cause problems. ... What I suspect is happening is that the patch is doing what it is supposed to do. ... It is also possible, but less likely, that your ISP's DNS servers are misconfigured and are unable to reply on odd source ports. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Purging Blaster.worm
    ... hits to go, "Man, I thought our firewall would stop it." ... will just keep changing ports ... to freaking patch the systems. ... store/shop, and yes, the Symantec removal tool works great. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • WORM virus shutting down my computer
    ... click the little box to enable your Firewall. ... you can download the Patch. ... Then go on the internet: ... Click on download on the right- takes about five to six ...