RE: SQL2000 Network encryption

From: Kevin McDonnell [MS] (kevmc@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/20/03

From: kevmc@online.microsoft.com (Kevin McDonnell [MS])
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:21:28 GMT

Lionel,
   When you state that another MSDE server is "requiring encryption" are
you using the server network utility to force this?

Please specify in your posting which encryption you are attempting to use.
Eg. Multiprotocol to default instance with Encryption OR
SSL Encryption, & I'll try to help you out with the details.

Thanks
Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft

Relevant Pages

  • RE: SSL Security Error
    ... " I checked 'force encryption' for 'server network utility' ... and restarted SQL 2000 enterprise server. ... Once you enable force protocol encryption using Server Network Utility ... certificate on a Cluster you're stuck. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • RE: communication encryption questions
    ... if i turn on encryption in the server network utility, ... will all tcp/ip traffic from these other apps become encrypted? ... enable Force Protocol encryption at the client or change the connection ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • SQL2000 Network encryption
    ... Am I right in believing that although the Multiprotocol ... SQL2K itself does not actually use that encryption even ... if it is turned on in the Server Network Utility? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: mcrypt_encrypt giving different results for same input?
    ... Your posting makes no sense whatsoever. ... And before you go off on one-way encryption schemes - those are not encryption methods. ... is internal to the cipher, not to the code that calls it. ... do you know that some people get irritated over interleaved replies, ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: TLS/SSL Encryption strenght
    ... My auditors want me to restrict the minimum encryption strength to 128 ... you specify the desired ciphersuites in the ... with each 2-digit "number" representing a cipher ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)