Transaction Logs - Viewing

From: Bryan Clauss (BryanHood1@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/20/03

From: "Bryan Clauss" <BryanHood1@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 06:59:54 -0800

We are using MS-SQL 2K SP3, using the Full Recovery
option, and we back up the transaction logs are backed up
every 2 hours.

An unknown user performed a "Delete Transaction" through
an application in one of our tables for a specific record.

Is there a way to look at the log to see who the specific
user was?

I realize that, at most, the log would only show the user
who was logged onto the network, but that may be enough.

I know the approximate time (a 6 minute window) and the
day that the Delete Transaction was issued.

Thank you,
  Bryan Clauss

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Transaction Logs - Viewing
    ... Columnist, SQL Server Professional ... We are using MS-SQL 2K SP3, using the Full Recovery ... An unknown user performed a "Delete Transaction" through ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Replication latency
    ... I have set up a transactional replication on two SQL Server ... 2000 (SP3) machines. ... transaction was placed in the transaction log at the ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... before I am fully confident of a design. ... On-the-fly transaction by transaction offsite backups may ... how to go about protecting against a power loss. ... recovery. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... before I am fully confident of a design. ... failure, require the transaction be resubmitted. ... recovery. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Independenttrans Reapplycompleted v. Synchronized COMS recovery
    ... sync recovery any longer. ... a DMSII concurrency world? ... There is certainly no COMS transaction ... INDEPENDENTTRANS gets its name from the fact that it keeps simultaneous DMSII transactions independent of each other. ...
    (comp.sys.unisys)