Re: Q's on Integrated Windows Authentication across IIS and SQL Server 2000

From: Mike Lerch (mlerchNOSPAMTHANKS@nycap.rr.com)
Date: 03/20/03

From: Mike Lerch <mlerchNOSPAMTHANKS@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:17:18 -0500

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 23:23:07 +0100, "Jacek Stelmaszczyk"
<steq@polbox.com> wrote:

>Search for 'Kerberos' in SQL Books Online and read this article:
>INF: SQL Server 2000 Kerberos Support Including SQL Server Virtual Servers
>on Server Clusters
>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319723

I'll give this a big read. Thanks very much!

Mike Lerch
http://www.livejournal.com/users/klausboop

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Qs on Integrated Windows Authentication across IIS and SQL Server 2000
    ... SQL Server 2000 Kerberos Support Including SQL Server Virtual Servers ... >on Server Clusters ... Mike Lerch ...
  • Re: Integrated Windows & IIS & SQL
    ... SQL Server 2000 Kerberos Support Including SQL Server Virtual Servers ... > discuss delegation at all, and delegation is exactly what> I'm looking for. ... Again, it does work on a single machine,> works perfectly; once I want to delegate (NTLM, I don't> use AD), problems occur. ...
  • RE: Service Account Authentication via Kerberos
    ... Kerberos support is a feature of the OS, not sql server. ... set which authentication method to use to validate the ... > SPN's and how SQL Server 2000 will default to using NTLM as a Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Qs on Integrated Windows Authentication across IIS and SQL Server 2000
    ... > 1) When a user accesses IIS with Integrated Windows Authenticaion, ... > ASP.NET/IIS using some generic process to get to SQL Server? ... SQL Server 2000 Kerberos Support Including SQL Server Virtual Servers ...