Re: Stored Procedure Question

From: SriSamp (
Date: 03/20/03

From: "SriSamp" <>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:16:07 +0530

I'm assuming that you are using SQL Server. In SQL Server, if you call a
procedure, it will first be searched with the current users's context and if
not found, the "dbo" context will be used. For your case, if you can alias
the user to be "dbo", the dbo version will be used.

"Leon Parker" <> wrote in message
> If I call a development stored procedure owned by me
> (ulu96a) from Production Modeler, I have to prefix the
> name of the stored procedure with ulu96a. Otherwise I
> cannot access the stored procedure. When we migrate our
> Production Modeler files to the string test environment
> where the stored procedures are owned by dbo we need to
> remove the user id prefix from every call, of which there
> are many. I don't know if our problem in the development
> environment is a result of privileges on the LRP_PM_DCUST
> account we use to connect to the database or with
> privileges on the stored procedures themselves. Do you
> have any suggestions on how we can fix this? Is it an
> account privilege problem?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: insists on using dbo. to call aspnet_* stored procedures
    ... The easiest way to get around this is to use the sp_changeobjectowner stored procedure which will ... SQL Server 2000 developer in same machine. ... connection string is setup to use the sql login assigned to the ... connectivity problem than a dbo problem. ...
  • Re: xp_logevent and service broker queues
    ... With EXECUTE AS OWNER 'dbo', the database owner of your user database needs to be 'sa' in order for the security context to be 'sa' in master too. ... This queue receives all messages and starts the stored procedure sp_AsyncReceive which is owned by the dbo. ... Maybe somebody can give me a hint how to call 'sysadmin' functions under the dbo user or how to change permissions for calling these functions in a stored procedure which is started by a service broker queue. ...
  • Re: public role question
    ... If 'select user' is returning DBO, it means you are connecting AS DBO, and ... testing the permissions the new user has. ... Are you saying that the permissions to create the stored procedure are ... Dan D. ...
  • Re: ADP: Cant use stored procedure on remote SQL server
    ... Not only I use dbo everywhere but I ... If you don't mention the owner when creating a new stored procedure, view, ... BTW in the database window, all the stored procedures are followed by ... Check also the owner of the SPInc stored procedure. ...
  • Re: Stored Procedure Disappearing
    ... Make sure that the "Record Source Qualifier" is set to dbo; ... Sylvain Lafontaine, ing. ... Did you use dbo. ... stored procedure up into several smaller ones, or is there a better way ...