Re: Windows authentication failed on SQL2000 +NT4

From: Bala Neerumalla[MSFT] (balnee@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/20/03

From: "Bala Neerumalla[MSFT]" <balnee@online.microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:07:23 -0800

Lets take the easy route to get the exact error message.
Try to connect using Query Analyzer and see what error message it gives.
This will give us more clues what might be wrong.

Thanks,
Bala.

rights.
"Serge Olivier" <sdo20@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Servers info:
> SQL2000 runs on NT4 SP6
> Domain Controler is Win2k
>
> Try to open tables from MS Access (ODBC connect, Trusted Connection=Yes)
> A Windows group is granted DB_Read/DB_Write to the dataase (NT
> Authentication)
> Works for admins only, other users (members of the above group) are
prompted
> for SQL logon...
>
> What is wrong?
> Thanks for any insight!!!
> Serge
>
> "Bala Neerumalla[MSFT]" <balnee@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What is the error message that you receive?? How are you trying to
connect
> > to SQL Server??
> > What is SQL Server configured to run under(I dont think it matters but
> just
> > for the info).??
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bala.
> > "Serge Olivier" <sdo20@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for your reply Dejan,
> > > I did grant access to a Win Group (DomainName\GroupName) with
read/write
> > on
> > > the appropriate database but still won't recongnize their logins. I
read
> > and
> > > followed the instructions from the SQL Server Book.
> > >
> > > Is it something about SQL on the NT4 being member of our Win2k domain?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Serge
> > >
> > > "Dejan Sarka" <dejan_please_reply_to_newsgroups.sarka@reproms.si>
wrote
> in
> > > message news:#pJGLq65CHA.1784@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

> > local
> OnLine.

SQL2000
> Windows
> > > and

> > > Win2000

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Connecting to a sql server database
    ... You are trying to use integrated security in your app (as is shown in the ... line numbered code where the connection string is shown). ... sql server, hence integrated security fails. ... > causing the error message and what the correction for this. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Invalid OLEVERB structure error 80040000 on DTS job
    ... >> Allan Mitchell MCSE,MCDBA, (Microsoft SQL Server MVP) ... >- I copied this DTS package from a 32 bit Windows Server 2003 system. ... >I would only get that error message in the Job History logs though. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: Classic ASP connectionstring to SQL Server 2005
    ... So this connection string is in the VB6 dll? ... What is the error message? ... Provider cannot be found. ... can you ping the sql server? ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
  • Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New SQL Server security tool - SQL Server 2000 Scan Tool
    ... > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... >> computers running Windows 2000 or higher and can identify instances ... >> please state the version of SQL Server being used and the error ... >> error message text received, ...
  • Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New SQL Server security tool - SQL Server 2000 Scan Tool
    ... > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... >> computers running Windows 2000 or higher and can identify instances ... >> please state the version of SQL Server being used and the error ... >> error message text received, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)