Stored Procedure Question

From: Leon Parker (lparker@lortobco.com)
Date: 03/20/03

From: "Leon Parker" <lparker@lortobco.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:23:35 -0800

If I call a development stored procedure owned by me
(ulu96a) from Production Modeler, I have to prefix the
name of the stored procedure with ulu96a. Otherwise I
cannot access the stored procedure. When we migrate our
Production Modeler files to the string test environment
where the stored procedures are owned by dbo we need to
remove the user id prefix from every call, of which there
are many. I don't know if our problem in the development
environment is a result of privileges on the LRP_PM_DCUST
account we use to connect to the database or with
privileges on the stored procedures themselves. Do you
have any suggestions on how we can fix this? Is it an
account privilege problem?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is it possible to sql inject this code?
    ... The 'sp_' prefix may work for user procs but it should not be used. ... SQL Server always looks for a stored procedure ... The stored procedure in the master database. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Retrieving the @@IDENTITY value from a SP in VB.Net
    ... > I have a stored procedure: ... for procs with 'sp_' prefix, prefix with pr_ or other prefix. ... > @NewID int output ... My .NET Blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/fbouma ...
  • Re: VBSCript execute MS SQL Stored Procedure Return Value
    ... know how to execute the stored procedure from VBScript everytime I ... Don not use the "sp_" prefix for your stored procedures. ... reserved for system stored procedures, which mean that the query engine ... by default will look for them in the master database, ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: N
    ... The stored procedure is in the master database, ... are documented in Books Online. ... N is used to prefix a Unicode string literal. ... what I did was generate a sql script for a table with a ...