Re: Set column level permissions in Access adp

From: Michael (mhweiss@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/19/03

    From: "Michael" <mhweiss@hotmail.com>
    Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:15:44 -0800

    I checked using sp_who and the login being used currently
    by the adp is my own. I have explicity denied UPDATE
    priveleges on the column in question for my login so I am
    perplexed as to why I can still go into the adp and update
    the column value. It seems like I should receive some type
    of warning message regarding insufficient priveleges for
    update on that column. Any other thoughts come to mind?
    Thank you,
    Michael

    You could also
    >trace it using SQL Server Profiler.
    >--
    >HTH,
    >Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
    >http://vyaskn.tripod.com/
    >

    >"Michael" <mhweiss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >How can I tell which login my adp is using? Any
    >suggestions would be welcome!

    does
    >>not seem to have any impact on a user's ability to update
    >>or change values in that column via a form in the adp
    >>project. What am I missing here or doing incorrectly?
    >>Thank you,
    >>Michael
    >>

    >>.
    >>

    >.

    • Re: SQL server tables read-only to ADP
      ... I only have one user in my SQL server DB and that is public. ... created the .adp I used the sa login and password our admin created. ... > want to login to have update rights as well give them the db_datarwriter ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clients)
    • Re: Set column level permissions in Access adp
      ... login name and the user name is dbo. ... For the adp, QA, and in EM, I ... >Vyas, MVP (SQL Server) ... >UPDATE permission ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: Set column level permissions in Access adp
      ... Look at the login name column of the output. ... trace it using SQL Server Profiler. ... How can I tell which login my adp is using? ... >so that only one specific user can update data in that ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: Set column level permissions in Access adp
      ... The ADP is connecting using SQL Authentication or Windows Authentication? ... Can you create a trigger on the table in question, to log the login and user ... UPDATE permission ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: using the same login name TWICE?
      ... Each ADP has its own connection to the database, ... the same login name. ... You can get it by using the SQL built-in function suser_sname. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)