Re: Permission

From: SQL Server Development Team [MSFT] (
Date: 03/19/03

From: "SQL Server Development Team [MSFT]" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:28:28 -0800

Hi Carlos,
Using the T-SQL GRANT and REVOKE commands, you can first revoke access to
all permissions from the user and then grant the creation of stored
procedures to the user.

    USE <database_name>

    REVOKE ALL FROM <user_x>

Good luck,

SQL Server Development Team
"Carlos" <> wrote in message
> HI,
> I want that a user x only have permission to create/edit
> stored procedure, no more object, only SP in YYY
> datebase.Its possible. What permission i had to grant her.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Security context of stored procedure
    ... Suppose there are three users in a database TEST_CHAIN, ... simple stored procedure: ... also grant it to test_sp2 ... SELECT permission denied on object 'authors', database 'test_chain', owner ...
  • Re: stored procedure xp_cmdshell
    ... It is generally a very bad thing to ever grant xp_cmdshell to a anyone. ... Granted you'll have to give this permission to the user ASP.NET is running ... I was originally planning to have the images to SQL, ... > xp_cmdshell stored procedure and of course the master database (which ...
  • Re: Stored procedure to drop and create table for end user
    ... doesnt have grant permissions with select statement on the table... ... > You cannot, however, inherit DDL operations through a stored procedure. ... >> stored procedures was for security so people didn't have direct access ... >> yet it still says it needs select permission on the table to run the ...
  • Re: Stored procedure to drop and create table for end user
    ... well for a select command in a stored procedure like this in general ... yet it still says it needs select permission on the table to run the stored ... > Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP ...
  • Re: Allowing Anonymous write access only.
    ... need at least READ permission for login. ... > been set up so that anonymous FTP users have write access only, this> may seem insecure and we do get a certain ammount of hackers or> taggers testing the system by dropping test files and folders onto the> server, but because anonymous users do not have read access they soon> find that they cannot download anything they upload and go elsewhere. ... This is where my problems have started,> I initialy replicated all the IIS setting and NTFS permission from my> NT box on my 2003 box but so far have been unable to achive the same> result, it appaers that I can only grant anonymous write access if I ...