Re: Desktop Themes

From: Marie (Toddsmom1968@cs.com)
Date: 03/19/03

From: "Marie" <Toddsmom1968@cs.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:19:22 -0800

My mistake, don't shoot me! I did not mean for this to be
posted here and found no delete button.
asking in one of
>the Windows newsgroups...
>
>Good luck!
>Stephen Dybing

confers no rights.
>Please reply to the newsgroups only, thanks.
>
>"Marie" <Toddsmom1968@cs.com> wrote in message
>> Dear Newsgroups,
>> I recently purchased a new computer, my fifth, and
>> naturally it has Windows XP. First of all this is the most
>> difficult of all the previous Windows programs and all of
>> my friends dislike it. My problem at the present is the
>> Desktop Themes I used with Windows ME and 98. The
>> backgrounds, screensavers, etc that were included with
>> those versions, like "Underwater" and "Jungle" etc. Why
>> aren't they on XP and can I install them? I can get them
>> from my old computer (my Aunt has it) with Windows ME on it
>> but will they work on XP? If so, can I put them into my
>> control panel and make them work?
>> Thanking You in Advance,
>> Marie
>
>.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Windows Networking with XP Pro
    ... (Windows XP Pro or Home with SP1 or SP2) ... The computer can ping other computers in the same workgroup. ... Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Network and Internet ... able to update your profile and access the the partner newsgroups. ...
  • RE: Missing Systray Icons
    ... Please copy System Configuration Utility from a Windows XP ... I suggest we restart the computer in Safe Mode to see if the problem also ... I think it may be caused by corrupt user profile. ... able to update your profile and access the the partner newsgroups. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Network stops after time
    ... Do you use ICS on the problematic Windows XP machine? ... Please try IPCONFIG/Release or Renew, what is the result when the issue ... able to update your profile and access the the partner newsgroups. ... | will note that the issue started after a failed installation of my DSL ...
  • RE: SP2 does not resolve Q330909
    ... only group which will be able to fix this problem is Microsoft. ... > support, I'll try the newsgroups... ... > Your Windows XP-based computer may not hibernate. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Sony PCG-GRT160
    ... I agree with your suggestions if the problem occurs after applying SP2. ... Keep pressing F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears. ... able to update your profile and access the the partner newsgroups. ... |> Registry Editor incorrectly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)