Re: Service Pack 3 applied - and problems!

From: Adi Cohn (adicohn@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/18/03

From: "Adi Cohn" <adicohn@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:52:14 +0200

 Hi Lior

  On your server you don't need to install SP3 for desktop engine. If you
don't use Analysis Services then there is no need to instal it's SP3.
I have to admit that I still don't know what you are trying to do. Are you
trying to export data using the wizard? Are you exporing it using a DTS
package that was already created? You say that another application can not
connect to the server. Are there other applcations that can connect to the
server?

Adi

"Lior" <liorm@noks-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Adi,
>
> I have the client and server on the same computer. The porblem occur both
on
> the Export, saying the error attached in picture. It also happens when a
> site application I'm ruuing here is trying to connect to th database.
>
> I only installed the first SP3 package, without the analyze and the
desktop
> engine updates. Maybe that would be it? Or is it something else?
>

> Thanks
> Lior
>

> "Adi Cohn" <adicohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > First problem - You need to modify the default language. From
control
> > panel double click on regional options. Then press the command button
> with
> > the caption "Set default", choose English and restart the computer.
> Notice
> > that this will also affect other applications on the server, so it might
> be
> > better to leave it as it is now.
> >
> > Second problem - You didn't write what you are doing, so I might be off
> > base here. Try to make sure that your client and server have the same
> mdac
> > version. If you are trying to run a DTS package from your PC, try to
> > install the service pack on the PC also
> >
> > Adi
> > "Lior" <liorm@noks-nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > i have applied SP3, and now I have many problems...
> > > First, the erver now goes right o left (one of my computrr language is

> > > Hebrew)
> > > second, and mor disturbing, cannot export/import, nd I annot connect
> > the
> > > server. it says there's an error during the initialization of the OLE
DB