Re: Service Pack 3 applied - and problems!

From: Adi Cohn (adicohn@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/18/03


From: "Adi Cohn" <adicohn@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:52:14 +0200


 Hi Lior

  On your server you don't need to install SP3 for desktop engine. If you
don't use Analysis Services then there is no need to instal it's SP3.
I have to admit that I still don't know what you are trying to do. Are you
trying to export data using the wizard? Are you exporing it using a DTS
package that was already created? You say that another application can not
connect to the server. Are there other applcations that can connect to the
server?

Adi

"Lior" <liorm@noks-nospam.com> wrote in message
news:u9Z6EFW7CHA.2364@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Thanks Adi,
>
> I have the client and server on the same computer. The porblem occur both
on
> the Export, saying the error attached in picture. It also happens when a
> site application I'm ruuing here is trying to connect to th database.
>
> I only installed the first SP3 package, without the analyze and the
desktop
> engine updates. Maybe that would be it? Or is it something else?
>
>
> Thanks
> Lior
>
>
> "Adi Cohn" <adicohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:eoO7I9V7CHA.2272@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > First problem - You need to modify the default language. From
control
> > panel double click on regional options. Then press the command button
> with
> > the caption "Set default", choose English and restart the computer.
> Notice
> > that this will also affect other applications on the server, so it might
> be
> > better to leave it as it is now.
> >
> > Second problem - You didn't write what you are doing, so I might be off
> > base here. Try to make sure that your client and server have the same
> mdac
> > version. If you are trying to run a DTS package from your PC, try to
> > install the service pack on the PC also
> >
> > Adi
> > "Lior" <liorm@noks-nospam.com> wrote in message
> > news:eQKCiYV7CHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > i have applied SP3, and now I have many problems...
> > > First, the erver now goes right o left (one of my computrr language is

> > > Hebrew)
> > > second, and mor disturbing, cannot export/import, nd I annot connect
to
> > the
> > > server. it says there's an error during the initialization of the OLE
DB
> > > provider, and SQL servr does not xist or access denied.
> > >
> > > Why is that?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot for any idea...
> > > Lior
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>



Relevant Pages

  • Re: New Event Log Errors!
    ... Somehow along those lines I'd also installed the Certificate Authority ... Did you apply the last Server Pack for SBS Server? ... Please install Windows Support Tools on the win2k3 sp1 problematic ... Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DSO.Server Connect method not responding
    ... Yes I have installed Analysis Services SP3 (AS version is 8.0.760.0 and SQL ... Server 2000 version is 8.00.761). ... > Did u install service pack for Analysis service ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: OLAP Analysis Services Components Installation Help
    ... > My server installed SQL Server 2000 with SP3a, ... > analysis services components, the setup file is runing on Windows ... I am not sure that I can't install olap ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Cannot activate SBS 2003 SP2
    ... everywhere and sitting on the case of the server is the old board - balanced ... slip stream SBS you would have had it ages ago. ... My main reason for slipstreaming the install is because I cannot get ... updates that need to be applied if one is to have a succesful outcome ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cannot activate SBS 2003 SP2
    ... everywhere and sitting on the case of the server is the old board - balanced ... slip stream SBS you would have had it ages ago. ... My main reason for slipstreaming the install is because I cannot get ... updates that need to be applied if one is to have a succesful outcome ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)