Re: Service Pack 3 applied - and problems!

From: Lior (liorm@noks-nospam.com)
Date: 03/18/03

From: "Lior" <liorm@noks-nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:15:15 -0500

Thanks Adi,

I have the client and server on the same computer. The porblem occur both on
the Export, saying the error attached in picture. It also happens when a
site application I'm ruuing here is trying to connect to th database.

I only installed the first SP3 package, without the analyze and the desktop
engine updates. Maybe that would be it? Or is it something else?

Thanks
Lior

"Adi Cohn" <adicohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> First problem - You need to modify the default language. From control
> panel double click on regional options. Then press the command button
with
> the caption "Set default", choose English and restart the computer.
Notice
> that this will also affect other applications on the server, so it might
be
> better to leave it as it is now.
>
> Second problem - You didn't write what you are doing, so I might be off
> base here. Try to make sure that your client and server have the same
mdac
> version. If you are trying to run a DTS package from your PC, try to
> install the service pack on the PC also
>
> Adi
> "Lior" <liorm@noks-nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > i have applied SP3, and now I have many problems...
> > First, the erver now goes right o left (one of my computrr language is
> > Hebrew)
> > second, and mor disturbing, cannot export/import, nd I annot connect to
> the
> > server. it says there's an error during the initialization of the OLE DB
> > provider, and SQL servr does not xist or access denied.
> >
> > Why is that?
> >
> > Thanks a lot for any idea...
> > Lior

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What doesnt lend itself to OO?
    ... >> proxy and instructs the server to constuct the real object. ... rather than client code. ... If 'clock' is instantiated in the server, ... > for the server interface at the OOA level. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: More Get-IPlayer Questions
    ... to use with mutt mail client. ... antinat - 0.90-4 - Antinat is a flexible SOCKS server and client ... protocol for Sybase or MS SQL Server. ... ifstat - 1.1-1 - InterFace STATistics Monitoring ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • This is going straight to the pool room
    ... or not the client has privilege to do what they're trying to do, ... The server environment is this: ... 3GL User action Routines that Tier3 will execute on your behalf during the ... Routine Name: USER_INIT ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • [Full-Disclosure] R: Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42
    ... Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42 ... SD Server 4.0.70 Directory Traversal Bug ... Arkeia Network Backup Client Remote Access ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: What doesnt lend itself to OO?
    ... > rather than client code. ... no way to do that without also touching the object with clock semantics ... will not encapsulate both clock semantics and network semantics. ... The server can do whatever it wants ...
    (comp.object)