Re: SQL - Raid 5

From: LJH (louis.hablas@norzimspam.org)
Date: 03/17/03

From: "LJH" <louis.hablas@norzimspam.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:55:24 -0500

Can you be more specific? Hardware or software. If hardware, what type of
controller(s)

Ideally, you'd want something like a RAID 5 solution to host your data
files. If you have a server with your OS on a mirrored drived, your SQL
data files on a RAID 5 (or 10 if you're really serious) array (with
hot-swappable spare(s)) and your SQL log files on a different set of
mirrored drives you'd have a pretty nice solution. This is one suggestion
of many possible solutions/configurations.

However, to get back to your original post, SQL and RAID 5 get along fine...

LJH

"Robert Jackson" <Robert.Jackson@E-Mis.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find out information on conflicts when
> running raid 5 along with a MSQL server. Anyone ever had
> any problems.
> ??

Relevant Pages

  • Recommended HD configuration for SQL2000
    ... I have a SQL 2000 server that has three SCSI HDs configured in a hardware ... RAID 5 configuration. ... I have two logical drives (one for the OS and SQL ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: MotherBoard Change
    ... If she boots she'll start detecting hardware changes. ... HAL' can be forced and work on the new mobo (see MS about forcing HAL ... The procedure for going from what was software RAID on the old system to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant install nvidia drivers at runlevel3
    ... board raid 5 configuration under Linux. ... if you have a hardware RAID controller the os ... the box since many years with each hardware and linux kernel ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: MotherBoard Change
    ... If she boots she'll start detecting hardware changes. ... and work on the new mobo. ... The procedure for going from what was software RAID on the old system to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: linux raid vs hw raid
    ... old fileserver hardware I have on hand. ... But, as you probably know, these drives are reasonably ... desktop-class drives as JBODs and using mdadm to RAID them. ... want to move to bigger disks. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)