Re: Question for Script of users permission.

From: Dejan Sarka (dejan_please_reply_to_newsgroups.sarka@reproms.si)
Date: 03/14/03

From: "Dejan Sarka" <dejan_please_reply_to_newsgroups.sarka@reproms.si>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:37:42 +0100

What errors do you get? My guess is that you should have scripted logins as
well, but I can't be sure - not enough info in your post.

--
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
FAQ from Neil & others at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com
"NIITMALAD" <NIITMALAD@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
> Dear Friends
>
> I have created a script for Users and roles so that i can
> restore the same if any problem arise in the SQL Database.
>
> As i have only one SQL server I have check the same on
> MSDE but it is not creating the USers and Roles as I have
> in my SQL server.
>
> Please suggest How i can test and be sure that i can
> restore my users and roles and do not need to give the
> permission for every object again in any disaster.
>
> Your guidance will be helpful for me to solve the problem
>
> Thanks in Advance.
> NIITMALAD

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Backing Up WSS
    ... Backup and Restore Options for Windows SharePoint Services ... ·Use the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 tools to back up the databases. ...
  • Re: Disaster Recovery question
    ... Can you post the SQL Server error log of the dysfunctional server? ... > You can restore master to another box. ... > 1) Drop the suspect DB's and simply restore from backup. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Is it necessary to exclude the data folder when using NetBackup?
    ... When you do a RESTORE in SQL Server, the database is created, if it doesn't ... >>just back up the native SQL backup files to ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: stsadm.exe
    ... Yes, Stsadm will create the site for you on restore, and it will maintain all permissions. ... Stsadm only backups up data that is stored in the database, so any changes you make to the IIS server's file system you'll have to back up via some other method. ... only backup. ... For example, your production environment is IIS/WSS on one server, SQL Server on another. ...
  • invalid value specified for STOPAT parameter
    ... I too had problems when trying to perform a Point in Time restore ... Enterprise Manager, I receive a error message "Invalid value specified ... "YDM" by SQL Server where as the value supplied by the SQL Server ... Select "British English", then hit OK. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)