SQL 2k cpu usage 100%

From: Nikhil Mehrotra (nikhil@rsd.4mis.com)
Date: 03/13/03

From: "Nikhil Mehrotra" <nikhil@rsd.4mis.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:27:24 +0530

Hi all,

i have a sql 2k server with NAT indtalled.

it has been running very effectively till i started the accessing of this
sql server from the clients over the internet.

the tcp/ip port has been changed from 1433 to 3412.
Now, when i disconnect my dial up connection on this server, the cpu usage
goes 100% and no processes are shown which cud be considered as a suspect.

Any help wud be appreciated.

--
Regards,
Nikhil Mehrotra

Relevant Pages

  • RE: SBS 2003 Unable to connect to database STS_Config
    ... Uninstall the SQL server from the SBS 2k3 server from add/remove programs ... Uninstall Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (SHAREPOINT) ... If AV software install any extra IIS virtual directory, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Memory issues with 64-bit SQL Server 2005 on 64-bit Win 2003 C
    ... I also checked the individual patch levels for the .NET drivers, SQL Server ... The SQL Server is fully patched, however Windows Update reported that the OS ... Lock pages in memory -- I guess you might have taken care of it as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • RE: migrating from wmsde to sql server
    ... Click Start, point to All Programs\Microsoft SQL Server, and then click ... then click New SQL Server Registration. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS 2003 Unable to connect to database STS_Config
    ... Uninstall the SQL server from the SBS 2k3 server from add/remove programs ... Uninstall Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (SHAREPOINT) ... If AV software install any extra IIS virtual directory, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Best replication architecture?
    ... Looking for a SQL Server replication book? ... So if it is subscribing to Publisher 1, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)