How to set Readonly for a user?

From: JWR (jwrugo@rcn.com)
Date: 03/11/03

From: "JWR" <jwrugo@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:45:38 -0500

Hi All,

I'm new to this and would like some help understanding how to set a user to
have only read only access.
I added an account and gave the account access to three databases.
Currently the only way they can get in, via a VB.NET program, is to belong
to the db_owner group. I would like to only allow read-only access but also
need to allow for stored procs to EXEC. Do I have to set each individual
attribute per database object?

Thanks,
John.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Changing the Ownership of Database object
    ... > I want to change the Ownership of a Database object, ... > On deleting the existing owner, it shows the Owner of Database object ... I think there is a way to change ownership of the database object in code, ... using the account that you want to be the new owner, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: what exec?
    ... reason the Exec seem to think that they have the upper hand. ... the Leadership provide Scouting for every member of the Group. ... Oddly, that may have arisen as a consequence of, for some reason, ... are both on cub account and regularly have to sign chqs together. ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: Export and email query as a CSV
    ... Is your Sqlserver service startup account an NT account. ... > exec sp_prepare @P1 output, NULL, N'Select top 10 EmployeeCode, ...
  • Re: Microsoft search service cannot be administered under this account
    ... Did you register your SQL Server using the SA account or windows ... Try Windows Authentication. ... exec sp_fulltext_table 'authors', 'Start_change_tracking' ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext)
  • RE: xp_sqlagent_proxy_account and post sp2
    ... Have you tried to reset the account with a different UID? ... Here is an example from SQL BOL: ... EXEC master.dbo.xp_sqlagent_proxy_account N'SET', ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)