Re: Orphaned user?

From: Brandon Lilly (blilly@nospam_medevolve.com)
Date: 03/11/03

From: "Brandon Lilly" <blilly@nospam_medevolve.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:58:35 -0600

Nevermind... just ran sp_revokedbaccess instead, and it worked.

Brandon

--
"In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Noel Adams (1952-2001)
[Please remove "nospam_" from email address to reply.]
"Brandon Lilly" <blilly@nospam_medevolve.com> wrote in message news:#S2SlAA6CHA.1784@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
We restored a database onto a system that does not have an associated login for a user in the database in the new system, and I cannot seem to get rid of it....
sp_helpuser is giving this feedback
UserName        GroupName     LoginName      DefDBName UserID SID
--------------- ------------- -------------- --------- ------ ---
dbo             db_owner      MedEvolveAdmin MedEvolve 1      ...
KWE SQL Readers db_datareader NULL           NULL      9      ...
I tried using sp_change_users_login 'Report', but it is not reporting any orphaned users.  If I try to drop it anyhow, via sp_dropuser, I get an error to the effect that the user does not exist in the database.  Because I am stubborn, I even tried to use sp_change_users_login to fix it, but it also won't let me continue.
selecting info from sysusers gives this info
uid status name            sid roles altuid password gid environ hasdbaccess islogin isntname isntgroup isntuser issqluser isaliased issqlrole isapprole
--- ------ --------------- --- ----- ------ -------- --- ------- ----------- ------- -------- --------- -------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
9   6      KWE SQL Readers ... 0x40  0      NULL     0   NULL    1           1       1        1         0        0         0         0         0
Can I simply delete this row from sysusers without repurcussions?  What else can I do?
Brandon
--
"In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Noel Adams (1952-2001)
[Please remove "nospam_" from email address to reply.]

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Rachels New Place
    ... Do you ever feel that the whole universe is against you? ... Like it's all G-d, and He's angry with you? ... He was gentle and kind. ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Split Revealed
    ... “In the beginning the Universe was created. ... of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” ...Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide ... A teenage lad shouldn't need a broomstick to cling onto ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Why Evolution is a metaphysical hypothesis
    ... "The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the ultimate CAUSE, ... Is there some reason we should ... I wonder why you think that causality will apply to the early universe. ... I'm neither angry nor frustrated. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Aged Tobacco For Sale
    ... F. Prefect ... In the beginning the Universe was created. ... a lot of people very angry and has been widely ... regarded as being a bad move......Douglas Adams ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)