Re: is_member returns 0 even if user is a member of a db role

From: Jasper Smith (jasper_smith9@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/24/03

From: "Jasper Smith" <jasper_smith9@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:42:01 -0000

Feel free to feed this back to sqlwish@microsoft.com
I would tend to agree that it should still return the logical
result regardless of whether you are a sysadmin

--
HTH
Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)
"Travis Reeder" <travis.reeder@netregulus.com> wrote in message
> I agree in theory, but we have an application where we
> just want to know if they belong to a database role and I
> think the expected outcome should be 1 if they truely
> belong to the database role.  Now we have to use
> IS_SRVROLEMEMBER in addition to the IS_MEMBER function.
>
> Travis.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: is_member returns 0 even if user is a member of a db role
    ... result regardless of whether you are a sysadmin ... > belong to the database role. ... >>Fixed Server Role System Administrators then it's really ... >>> Administrators' and that user also belongs to a database ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: is_member returns 0 even if user is a member of a db role
    ... just want to know if they belong to a database role and I ... belong to the database role. ... >Fixed Server Role System Administrators then it's really ... >> Administrators' and that user also belongs to a database ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: is_member returns 0 even if user is a member of a db role
    ... just want to know if they belong to a database role and I ... belong to the database role. ... >Fixed Server Role System Administrators then it's really ... >> Administrators' and that user also belongs to a database ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: I have now probably done a very silly thing
    ... Many many many thanks Jeffrey WilliamsI followed ... relevant user back to the sysadmin server role. ... So is it any other way to enable the sa account so I can ...
  • Re: is_member returns 0 even if user is a member of a db role
    ... I wouldn't really call this a bug. ... Fixed Server Role System Administrators then it's really ... irrelevant if you are a member of other roles. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)